The Alamo Branch YMCA began providing programs to the community in 1944 at Lindberg Park. After moving to the USO building at 112 Sycamore Street, it then was relocated to a facility on 1730 E. Commerce Street. In 1979 an agreement was made to occupy a City facility located at 1213 Iowa Street (present day location). The YMCA has provided much needed programs that served the Eastside and surrounding communities. In 1994 the facility was renamed the Davis-Scott Family YMCA.
Today the Davis-Scott YMCA continues to be a beacon in the community through our service of kids, families, adults, and seniors. At the Davis-Scott Family YMCA, we continue to focus on our mission to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy Spirit, Mind, and Body for all.
ChildWatch (Mon – Fri: 5p – 8p)
Kidz Club (Mon – Fri: 5p – 8p)
2,000 sq. ft. Wellness Floor
Cardio and Wellness Equipment
6,500 sq. ft. Basketball Gym
25-yard Indoor Pool with Hot Tub and Sauna
Group Exercise Studios and Classes
Community Center and Computer Lab