The Promise and Choice Together (PaCT) Health and Wellness Mini Purchase of Service (POS) Proposal is an effort to encourage the activities and ideas of residents and organizations within the Eastside Promise Neighborhood and Choice Neighborhood footprints by supporting small initiatives that can have a large imPaCT. An agreement will be made between Eastside Promise Neighborhood/United Way in partnership with Choice Neighborhood and organizations implementing health and wellness initiatives in the area.
Through the Mini POS Program residents will be engaged and participate in community building efforts. By making these investments, PaCT hopes to increase community participation in neighborhood events, input into decision-making, grassroots involvement in improving community conditions, and involvement of youth and seniors in activities all with a focus on health and wellness.
Proposed program must impact the following Health and Wellness Goals:
- To ensure students have a medical home.
- To ensure students are healthy through consistent availability of fitness, recreational, and sports activities and nutritional assistance.
- To reduce childhood obesity.
- To improve overall assessment of health and behavioral risks.
- To promote mental health and decrease mental health disorders and addiction.
- To reduce and prevent substance abuse.
Funding Period is from July 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
Organizations interested in applying must attend one MANDATORY bidder’s conference on Monday, April 28, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. or at 5:30 p.m. Both meetings will be held at Tynan Early Childhood Center, 925 Gulf San Antonio, TX 78202.
To reserve a space please R.S.V.P. to Noemi G. Villarreal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the 2014 Health and Wellness proposal packet please visit the Eastside Promise Neighborhood website at www.eastsidepromise.org